First Day



So, I just had my first day in college. It was, well, I don't know. The night before we watched Drag Me To Hell. That sort of kept my mind away from thinking about college but then later, when I'm already lying on my bed, I just can't sleep. I just hated that. I'm always having a hard time trying to sleep at times like this. I just can't help thinking about what if's. Eventually, I 'forced' myself to sleep after a cockroach attacked me. It flew right into my cheek! Think of it. The horror *shudders*. I woke up by 5 am because I still have to go on my daily computer work like e-mails, social accounts and a little bit of writing. My first period was on 7:30, so I left the house by 7:15. On the road, unfortunately, was an annoying traffic. The clock is ticking and it is nearly 7:30. I grew nervous. I appreciated the driver's effort though. He had several attempts to overtake some of the vehicles. After arriving by the school gates, I didn't even bother checking the time. As I walked briskly to my building, I talked to some professors from the Allied Medicine. I recognized it was the Dean. I greeted her good morning and asked her where does the freshmen stay. She told me to go straight to the building, so I did.

I changed my pace. This time, I walked slowly, looking for people I know. It was so stupid of me because all of my previous schoolmates don't have their first period until 8:30. I stood a few feet away from the building where other nursing students on their uniforms(higher years. Yikes.) are all over the place. I froze. I hate this, I told myself. Crap, crap, crap, I continued saying to myself as I see people looking at me. I feel so awkward and socially incapable. Luckily, I saw two girls wearing a pair of jeans. Clearly, freshmen. I stood a few feet beside them and I hid behind a van. LOL. I was starting to get anxious when Tita Jo(I forgot what she does but she's part of the faculty of Allied Medicine), called us into the building. I walked inside trying to ignore the feeling that eveyone's looking at me. I know i'm exaggerating but that's how I really felt. Haha. I followed the two girls, walking upstairs, then all I saw was empty hallways. Crap, I told myself. Where to? I heard footsteps walking up the stairs. I turned around to see Joris(an alumni of our high school). I asked her where my room is and she gladly pointed it to me. It was really nearby. I walked into the room and I saw Dianne(Obleada. a friend and batchmate) I walked towards her to say hi, not minding the other 49 students in the room. Then she asked me if I belong in Section D. I said, "No. I'm supposed to be in Section C." Shit. I got the wrong room. Luckily, my real room was just the next one. I walked in from the south end corner of the classroom. I stopped to scan the place for familiar faces and empty chairs. And the 'convinience' of it all, I saw Popol waving at me, pointing to an empty chair beside him on the front row. I wanted to seat somewhere else. Anywhere, just not beside him because I don't really don't like him that much. I don't know. I just get that vibe from him.

The next thing I knew, I was sitting beside Popol. I have no other choice. That's the only seat left. talk about 'convinience'. We waited for our professor. Everyone has their own business. Popol is talking to everyone near our seats, who were his previous classmates from Lucban Academy, some are talking to their seatmates, trying to get to know each other. As for me, I'm just texting my friends, telling them that it wasn't going great. After a while, a teacher came in. We akwardly greeted her good morning then it turned out that she's not our professor and she got the wrong room. The room burst into laughter. I just smiled. Laughing hard on the morning of the first day? In front of a teacher? Uh-uh. I don't think so. I was getting really bored when I saw familiar faces walking on the corridors. It was Kim and NiƱa. Then some time after, everyone was there too. I felt a little lonely because I should have been there with them. With my friends. But I got over it soon. Tita Jo walked in and announced that some of us would be moved to Section E. First, I felt excited. I might wound up with my friends. But i shook it off, knowing it's impossible.

To my joy, I wan't included to those who will move. Thank God. I really liked my classmates. They all look so... quiet. LOL. Except for those that I already know like Popol, Faye, Levy, Gob and Joana. Seating next to Levy was this guy. I know his face but I forgot his name and next to the forgotten guy was Gerard. Someone from Luisiana and Robin has a crush on him. It turned out that there were scheduling conflicts and our first period might be moved. Either on the evening or another time(morning or afternoon? i forgot.) It was announced that we can spend our free time until our next period. We left the building and sat on the cottage across it. I was hanging out with the sudents I know. I barely talked. I want to come across as quiet, deep and smart. Hahaha. I gave my notebook, which is the only thing I brought by the way along with my class cards and some papers, to Joana. I went to the canteen to buy a ballpen. Tita Jo borrowed mine and never returned it. LOL. On the canteen, there was no one standing behind the counter. I was growing impatient. What if something comes up on our building? How would I know when I'm on the canteen? After ten minutes, a woman sold me a ballpen and I hurried back to my classmates whom I met on the way back. It turned out that they'd be going to the canteen. We walked around a little bit and I saw familiar faces. They are Virgi, Paula, Jonathan, Grene, Danilo, Icon, there were others too. I'm just trired of enumerating all of them. LOL.

The first class we had was the College Algebra. The first thing I gotta say is, "The teacher is so cute!" I mean, she's old and a teacher but she has this way of talking that was just cute. Plus, she has a cute height too. LOL. By the way her name is Ms. Camson or if we like, we could call her Ma'am C. She asked us where we graduated nd stuff like that. After finding out that I was the only one in our class that was an alumni of our school, she announced that I was the model student and that others should observe me. I couldn't believe that for a second. I was so embarassed. The second class we had was Chemistry(Lecture). My first of the teacher was... an awful grouch. It was just her smile. It's like there's impatience or something behind it. We introduced ourselves and when it's my turn to introduce myself, I received an applause after saying that I graduated from our school. I was like, "Seriously. I'm nothing special." After we introduced ourselves, Ms. Laguador(we can also call her Ma'am Awi), our teacher, told us about her. And there I saw that she has a human inside her. LOL. Seriously, I was intimidated the first time she spoke. After Chemistry, it was lunch break.

I went back home, rding with Popol and Joana. I went straight to my room and laid down on my bed. It was exhausting. My next class was on 1:30 which mean I have lots of time to spare. I tried to sleep but I just can't seem to. Then when it's almost 1:30 on our wall clock, I went to our room for Chemistry(Laboratory). Arriving on the building, I found out that our wall clock is so advanced. It's still 20 minutes before 1:30. But I can't turn back right now, right? So I proceeded to the room. No one. There was not a single soul in the room. I went inside and sat down. I almost fell to the floor because of the broken-legged chair I sat on. Luckily, no one saw the 'accident'. After a few minutes of waiting, other year students came in. They talked to me and asked me questions. In my head, I said, "Please just don't ask me why I'm early." Then there was the question. After a few seconds after I thought of it, a girl asked me. I forgot what I said but I was really embarassed. My classmates didn't arrive until exactly 1:30. I found out that they were upstairs. I could've just gotten their phone numbers earlier. We waited for our teacher but no one came until after 15 minutes. Our teacher has this fly-away like hair. I thought it was funny. She told us that she was waiting in another room because the laboratory apparatuses. We went to our 'real' room and I sat beside Levy, Mi(c?)ko, Joana and Faye.I let my arms rest on the table. I laid my head on my arms and smelled something awful. It was the table. Ugh. I sniffed my arms and, yup, it caught the laboratory-ish smell. What I did to make it go away was, I opened my notebook and rubbed my arms on it. It worked! My arms are then smelling like notebooks. Better than a stinking laboratory smell, right? We spen the rest of the class talking about the laboratory apparatuses. We drew them as well.

After the class, I asked Joana to text me before English Class starts because I'll be going to the Headquarters. That afternoon was the announcement of the new officers' designation. I met Jeffrey on the way and we met Virgi, Meng and Claudette by the gym. Henry, Annalyn and Rupert also made an appearance. And I almost forgot, I met Kenneth and Icon on the way too. And so is Kelvin. We all went to the headquarters together and went to a room where the designation was to be announced. We waited for Sir Dator. I grew impatient. My class was on 5:30. The clock is ticking! Finally, he arrived. His introductory speech was quite long that's why I missed it. I have to go back to our building. Jeffrey sent me messages containing the designation. The new batallion commander was Von and the one that replaced me was Dayo. I don't really like him that much. I think, sometimes, he is way too cocky.

I arrived on our building, and our class hasn't started yet. Thank god. We waited for the teacher again. It was taking a long time of waiting so others decided to go to the faculty to ask about our class but they said, no one was there. They went to another building to ask, and they told us that there was a slight mix up and... we have no classes! Yay! I left my classmates and joined my friends and we walked home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment