Dream A Little Dream

Dreams are really alluring. It's a big risk to hold on to it. Some come true and some turn to nightmares. I hope mine doesn't. As a child, I'd always dreamt of going overseas. Working hard and making big money. Being rich and living in another country, far from everyone that I know. I don't know why. It's really tempting to runaway. Away from all the tension and pressure. I don't know why but I'd always loved to start a new life somewhere. Somewhere where no one knows me. I was so concentrated in that dream that I got carried away. All of the sudden, reality hit me. All of the plans were ruined. Nurses are not in demand anymore. My cousin that was supposed to help me study wasn't supporting me anymore. It's hard since i closed myself away from other possibilities. I guess i was just always used on the thought "Nursing. Abroad. Money." Now it's close to impossible.

As my childhood dream turned to pieces, my passion is still in me. But my real passion is in writing. It's really a good way of expressing yourself as well as influencing others. Every time I write, I feel like I'm reaching out for the reader. And I like the feeling. The feeling that i am expressing myself without anyone disagreeing. Because it's your story, it's your composition. You control the flow of the story. It really feels good since I had no control of everything around me. Its nice to have something that will go my way. Then again, reality hit me. Being a writer doesn't guarantee success. If you failed to impress. You're done. You won't sell. That's what I'm afraid of. Failing.

Now I got two choices. It's not actually a choice since I still don't know if I'm admitted. But let's just assume that I did get in. I have to choices. First is to enroll at the maritime academy and be a man of the sea. Travel to places. Making big money. Sounds like my childhood dream, right? But what about writing? I can't just throw away that one thing that I'm most passionate about. My second choice is to enroll at UP or UST. Study nursing or behavioral sciences or psychology. I'm starting like the thought of me graduating in Psychology or Behavioral Sciences then I would be a Guidance Counselor. It's actually fun to think about. Me sitting in a desk and every student is afraid of me. That's a good life to live. Plus I could still write. The thing is... I can't go overseas. So what do you think i should do? Hmmm.... Only time will tell.

Leaving you with more mysteries,
Lostguy818


0 comments:

Post a Comment