Dawn of the Cockroach




Woah. I thought as I stood up from our bench in the foyer. It was the sight of cockroaches emerging from everywhere in the kitchen, a while after I turned off the lights, that made me stood up from my location. I was writing on the table nearby a TV by the door and I really felt goosebumps all over my skin. It's like an army of them, I thought. I freaked out a little, thinking that they might fly in my direction or something. Anyway, I managed to gather some courage and decided to fight back. I know! I make it sound like I'm fighting an monstrous creature.

My adrenaline was pumping, probably because of the coffee I had along with my dinner, plus the cheesedogs I just ate from BigMac along with a soda. I was really pumping. I let go of my pen and got my hands on one of my father's leather shoes. They became my primary weapon againts those cockroaches that to me, looked like zombies. Seriously. It was like Dawn of the Cockroaches. I feel like they're going to devour me in any second. I stood there, staring at our kitchen, taken over by the cockroaches, thinking what to do. I really felt like I was in a movie. I was a man outnumbered by an army of giant(hahaha) cockroaches.

A flashback occured in my head(this was true). It was the night before and I'm having a hard time trying to sleep when I heard these little sounds. Rustling. Crisp flapping of wings. I froze in my bed then immediately covered myself with my blanket. I felt secured then. Still, the sounds continued. I can't go on like this, I thought. And when I turned the flashlight in my cellphone on, I saw it. It was horrible. I spottedm three cockroaches in my room. One far from me and two a few inches above my head. I hurried to cover myself again. I eventually fell asleep. But still, that was scary.

Back to reality, I jumped in surprise as a cockroach flew quickly to my direction. I felt like running to my room, which I did, not to hide, but to check if there are cockroaches in it too. I was right as there were three of them again, crawling around. Despite my goosebumps, I managed to kill one with the leather shoes. The other two ran away in surprise, i think. Imanged to kill another. The other, however, got away. I breathe out heavily as I left the room and entered the kitchen once again. I couldn't count them. Besides counting them was the last thing on my mind because they're totally grossing me out. But I managed to estimate fifteen to twenty. Yeah. They're that many. I hurried to the light swith and turned it on. And then the blood bath began. I saw some of them fled due to the light. Some of them hid while some just ran around the floor crazily. I killed four when my father asked me what's going on. He's yelling from their room. I told him that I was just killing cockroaches. I made it sound like it was a hobby. He adviced me to use the cockroach repellant/killer.

Now, I really feel powerful with my magic(repellant) and my sword(shoes) in my hands. I sprayed to their hiding places. I thought it didn't work because nothing seem to happen but after a few seconds they came out, acting crazy like they just had drugs. They crawled around bumping to walls flying in low areas landing just to the floor again. I took advantage and managed to kill every cockroach that I could see. Bitches! I screamed with anger inside me, remembering the night before. Don't even invade my bedroom again! The battle ended. I saw one last cockroach, stuck in a lizard's tongue. I watched it struggle but soon the lizard dropped it and I squashed it with my father's shoe. That should teach them a lesson to never mess with me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment