Inspired

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I had been not in touch these past few days. I got busy. Before I told you why I am inspired, I must tell you (Drum Roll please...) My thesis is okay now! Yes! It worked. After they rejected the Potato Battery thingy they asked me to change it to a Barbecue Mix. I tried it and it worked. I am so happy. The only thing I need to work on right now is my manuscript. Wish me luck okay?

So what inspired me today? The first is our Commandant in our CAT class., Sir Dator. He took us out for dinner tonight, Me, Jeffrey O., Christine, Virgi, NiƱa, Raina, Roxanne and Fatima. We ate pansit. I don't know how other people call it in their country but maybe the perfect term is stir fried noodles. I look up to Sir Dator. He's like one of my best father figures. Speaking of fathers, my father is drunk again. I know it's been quite a while since he got drunk but still he is very annoying. That maybe is one of the reasons why I need other father figures other than my own father because I don't want to end up like him. I don't want to be him.

Back to the topic, Sir Dator shared many stories with us. He was really open and I mean really really open. He shared us his story about his first love, I will not share this one cause for me, it's the least inspiring one. He fell in love with a woman which is greater than him. One that is richer, smarter and in a higher position in the CAT Organization. They didn't work out so well. What really inspired me is his story about him attaining his dreams. He dreamt of being in the army since he was a child. The catch is that when he was in his high school, it came to the point when his father told him to stop studying because they lack financially. The reason is because his siblings were studying at Manila. Therefore, he needed to stop for a year or two. He was crushed. He can't stop studying. He arranged the papers himself and got himself a scholarship which is a study now pay later program. It all worked out for him. What's best is that he proved his father wrong about stopping being the answer to their financial problem. He's other stories are about leadership and I must say, he is born a leader.

Another person that inspired me is my cousin. Her name is Katherine but she can also be called as Kathy. She has a blog in her friendster account and I was really inspired. My original plan was just to hit the sheets but after reading her recent posts, it sort of connected to me. I don't know if it's just me or it happens to everyone but there's this really weird thing in me. I don't know but I call it a glitch in my brain. Somehow, upon reading something or hearing a really good song, I would feel inspired and I would just want to write until I get tired and sleepy. Anyways, she blogged about her adeventures in her recent job hunt in New Zealand. She's now back here in the Philippines for almost a month, I guess. Here's the link to her blog:


It blew me away when I found out that she once dreamt to be a writer. I had been not telling anyone in my family or my relatives about me dreaming to be one someday because it's an unusual dream. I don't know if it is but I think that it is unusual because I consider it impractical especially for a family that's not that loaded like us. People expect me to be the breadwinner or whatever. That's what really tears me apart in the decision of what I will pursue in college. Will it be my dream? To be a writer and enjoy freedom of expression and freedom to live life that I feel that is needed to be satisfied since childhood? Or should I enter the Maritime Academy and be a man of the sea, following what I think is right but letting my greatest dreams and desires go? I'm still confused. It's really hard. It's like fantasy against reality and the heart versus the mind. Let me know what you think, alright?

Leaving you with more mysteries,

0 comments:

Post a Comment