Overnight With A Twist Part 2



Okay. I promised that I'll break down the details about our overnight picnic, and here I am fulfilling it. Four o'clock in the afternoon yesterday, I went to school to meet up with my fellow officers and the applicants that have just graduated. We didn't leave right away. So, I chatted with Raina, Fatima, and Jeffrey. Mark Paul hasn't come yet and Virgi and Niña won't be joining. Both of them were in Manila. Charmine was there too, chatting with Sandy and her friends. Then the rest were also chatting their way through impatience of waiting. Then after a while, Robin, Mark Paul, Gecca, Alyssa B., Carla and Ian showed up(Not all at the same time.) Then off we went to Nawawalang Paraiso Hotel and Resort.

The ones that weren't able to join us were Marcel, Virgi, Niña, Christine Ruazol, Vea, Jocelyn, and Glaiza. On the applicants, the ones who weren't there that I've noticed was Enrique and Gain. There's a little story behind it. Gain and Enrique, i think, was about to make a reservation(or whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure.) at the resort a couple of days before. They left Lucban riding a motorcycle. Then, (I'm still unsure if it's on the way there or the way back) there was a stone on the road that they didn't notice and they crashed to the ground(I hear it was mud). Gain had stitches while Enrique only had bruises.

We arrived at the resort after riding a jeepney. We went straight to our cottage and took the time to relax. So far, nothing much happened. I saw Roxanne eating chocnut(small peanut butter chocolate bar.) and had ones myself. I was just sitting there texting Ova, chatting with people that are near my seat, often with Rarina, Christine, , Fatima, Mark Paul and Jeffrey. Jessica offered us white bread and I gladly took one. I helped myself to a glass water and two brownies. Raina and I decided to walk because the others(Christine, Fatima, Jeffrey and Mark Paul) looked like they weren't going anywhere while the others(Robin, Meng and some others else) already took a walk and were already somewhere else. I sat down on one of the benches by the pool and Raina leaned on the street lamp. Others went out of the cottage and took a walk too. We are back on our cottage when Enrique arrived. Then Sir Dator. We greeted him. It started to get dark when Marcel arrived. We had dinner and yet, no one's still swimming. Then the graduated applicants went to the pool. Some of us officers went too but there's more left in the cottage where we were already passing shots with Sir Dator. After noticing the alcohol effecting me a little, I went by the pool. Okay. I'm totally forgetting the series of events but soon I decided to change my shorts and take my shirt off and go for a swim. That was after Fatima, Mark Paul and I played cards(tong-its to be exact). The night went on. I was already in the pool. The three of us, me, Jeffrey and Mark Paul, showed each if we could do a proper dive. They said that we all did it properly but I sensed that they were making fun of me. Whatever.

Everyone's gathered up in the cottage as the graduated applicants preparedsome numbers for us(commanded by Sir Dator) hosted by Hexene(that too.) They were over-all entertaining. Some were good some were just boring. I really got the series jumbled in my brain. I can remember drinkking coffee and eating brownies and also looking for baked macaroni. Ova also called me. We talked for a while. Then soon, i wore my jacket, trying to sleep. I tried my hardest but I really couldn't so I told some people stories about Ova and I and stuff like that. Then, I was able to sleep for like 30 minutes less. I woke up hearing an unsual silence in the cottage. After opening my eyes, I saw the applicants on a formation. They were about to udergo initiation on our hands.

I paired up with Loren and I picked the spot by the 6 feet edge of the pool. The initiation realized that it was the wrong idea when the applicants went by, finding it hard to execute the exercises we gave them. I had notable applicants passing by like Jhan Paul who was afraid with the deep water, Enrique who hurt his knees because of his unhealed bruises, Rabi that was too tired to swim but still managed to do so and also the nonswimmers Ayson and David who we made sang Bahay Kubo. After the initiation, they all did jumping jacks in the pool commanded by Sir Dator. Then after that, we packed and went home in the jeep again. Now, I was holding on outside the jeepney. I was a little nervous about it at first but then I managed to get comfortable with the fresh air that blows to my face during the trip and before I knew it, we were already in Lucban.


0 comments:

Post a Comment